One year ago, Michael completed an amazing project. After launching an effort to collect donations for brain tumor research from all 50 U.S. states, Michael reached his goal in less than 48 hours!! He then decided to “Go Global,” and his overall effort raised over $119,000.
In Michael’s honor and memory, we are going to launch our own contest for the Defeat DIPG Superhero Sprint & 6K: MICHAEL’S MAP CHALLENGE. Starting today through Sunday, April 17, 11:00 pm EST, we call on all of YOU to see if you can collect donations from all 50 states. The winner will be the person with the most states, and if we have multiple people who get 50 states . . . we will have multiple winners.
Each winner gets their choice of a Defeat DIPG shirt from the Defeat DIPG store, plus a $50 Target Gift Card.
You can participate in the contest whether or not you are attending the race. This is a perfect challenge to get your kids involved and have fun as a family while giving back to such an important cause. Michael – and his little sister, Lila – loved checking on new donations coming in and coloring their map to track the progress!
Here is how it works:
- The goal of the contest is to collect donations from as many U.S. states as you can. The minimum donation is $10.
- Donations must be made through the Defeat DIPG Superhero Sprint & 6K fundraising page on Crowdrise: https://www.crowdrise.com/Superhero6K2016
- Anyone can create a fundraising page – even if you are not signed up for the race. Just click on “Set Up Your Fundraiser” on the Defeat DIPG Superhero Sprint & 6K Crowdrise Page.
- Winners will be determined by looking at donations given through INDIVIDUAL fundraising pages during the relevant time period.
- We will count states based on the address entered into Crowdrise by the donor.
- The winner will be the person with the most states, or we will have multiple winners if we have a tie or multiple people with all 50 states.
- The contest runs from TODAY, April 4, to Sunday, April 17, at 11:00 pm EST. Winner(s) will be announced on Monday, April 18.
If you want to register for the May 29 Superhero Sprint & 6K, please visit our race website here: www.superhero6k.com. It is going to be an amazing event, with a 6K run/walk, along with two kids race options (1K and tot sprint). Along with the superhero-themed races, there will be entertainment, games and tons of fun for all.